Srinagar:- The Indian Army on Saturday dismissed media reports that a soldier was abducted by militants in Jammu and Kashmir’s Budgam district, adding that he was “safe”.
“Media reports of the abduction of a serving Army soldier on leave from Qazipora, Chadoora, are incorrect. (The) individual is safe. Speculations may please be avoided,” a Defence Ministry statement said.
The reports on Friday said that the soldier identified as Muhammad Yaseen of the Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAKLI) division had been abducted.
Yaseen, a resident of Qazipora, Chadoora, was whisked away by a group of gunmen at around 10 pm, reports had said.
Deputy inspector general of police, central Kashmir range, V K Birdi told Greater Kashmir last night that three people believed to be militants barged into the house of JAKLI solider Yaseen at Qazipora and whisked him away. “This is all I can say at the moment,” he had said. (With IANS inputs)