New Delhi: Exit poll results for the Assembly Elections in five states – Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Goa, and Manipur – were announced on Thursday evening.
Counting will take place in all the five states on March 11.
Here are the live updates:
Uttar Pradesh exit polls 2017 (403 seats):
CNN-IBN: SP+Congress 120, BJP 185, BSP 90, Others 9
India Today-Axis My India: BJP 185, SP+Congress 120, BSP 90, Others 9
ABP News: SP+Congress 156-169, BJP 164-176, BSP 60-72, Others 2-6
India TV-CVoter: Uttar Pradesh is tipped to throw up a hung Assembly. The BJP could get 155-167 seats, the Samajwadi-Congress alliance 135-147 seats and the BSP 81-93 seats.
NewsX-MRC: BJP+ – 185 seats, SP-Congress alliance – 120, BSP – 90, Others – 8
TimesNow-VMR: The BJP is expected to form the next government in Uttar Pradesh winning 190-210 seats in the 403-member Assembly. The Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance is tipped to win 110-130 seats and the BSP 57-74 seats.
Punjab exit polls 2017 (117 seats)
News 24-Chanakya: SAD+ 9, Congress 54, AAP 54, Others 0
India TV-CVoter exit poll: AAP is expected to take power in Punjab. SAD + 5-13, Congress 41-49, AAP 59-67, Others 0-3
Aaj Tak-Cicero: Congress: 62-71, AAP: 42-51, BJP-SAD 4-7, Others: 0-2
India Today-Axis My India: The Congress is tipped to take power in Punjab, winning 62-71 seats in the 117-member Assembly. The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal-BJP alliance was headed towards a rout, it said, giving the Aam Aadmi Party 42-51 seats.
Uttarakhand exit polls 2017 (70 seats)
NewsX-MRC: BJP 38, Congress 30, Others 2
Aaj Tak-Axis My India: BJP 46-53, Congress 12-21, Others 1-2
India TV-CVoter: Uttarakhand expected to get hung Assembly. BJP 29-25, Congress 29-35 seats
News 24-Chanakya: BJP – 53 seats, Congress 15, Others 2
Manipur exit polls 2017 (60 seats)
India Today-Axis My India: Congress 17-23, BJP 25-31, Others 9-15
India TV-CVoter: BJP likely to finish on top in Manipur. BJP likely to win 25-31 seats, Congress 17-23, Others 9-15
Goa exit polls 2017 (40 seats)
India TV-CVoter: Goa expected to get hung Assembly. BJP+ likely to grab 15-21 seats, Congress 12-18, AAP 0-4, Others 2-8
India Today-Axis My India: Congress 10, BJP 15, AAP 7, Others 8
- It is my personal view that Congress-SP alliance reaped no benefit for SP, it is only beneficial for Congress. Akhilesh could’ve formed govt alone. At many places, Congress tried to defeat SP candidates, even if it meant victory for BJP: SP leader Ravidas Mehrotra
- Samajwadi Party’s star campaigner Dimple Yadav says her husband and party chief Akhilesh Yadav will become the chief minister of UP again.
- The BJP will win 245-270 seats in UP: BJP MP Dr Mahesh Sharma
- Congress MP Pramod Tiwari says the alliance between Samajwadi Party and Congress will get the majority.Samajwadi Party and Congress will get the majority.
- The BJP will win more than 260 seats in UP: Party vice president in-charge of UP, Om Mathur
- According to election laws, exit polls can be telecast half-an-hour after the end of polling in all the phases and states.
- If candidates of recognised parties– in this case the SP and the BSP– die before or on polling day, the election is postponed to allow the party field a new person.
- The adjournment came after the deaths of Chand Shekhar, the Samajwadi Party candidate from Alapur (SC) and Kanwasi, the Bahujan Samaj Party candidate in Karnaprayag.
- The Election Commission had extended the ban on exit polls 2017 till 5.30 pm of March 9, 2017, following the death of two candidates.