Hamam pipes explode during cleaning of Shopian mosque, two injured

0

Srinagar:- Two persons were injured on Sunday after a blast took place inside the hamam (bathing establishment) of a mosque in Shopian district of south Kashmir.

A police official said the explosion occurred in Chowgam village of the district when it was being cleaned.

“Two people were injured. The blast seems to have been caused due to the malfunctioning of pipes,” a police officer said.

The injured, identified as Muhammad Yousuf Dar and Muhammad Yasin Dar, suffered burn injuries in the incident, said the official, adding they have been shifted to a hospital,” he said.

The official said that fire brigade was immediately sent to the area to douse the fire.

Locals said the mosque was being cleaned when the blast took place in the Hamam. (With inputs from Gulzar Dar and IANS)

LEAVE A REPLY