Minor girl student faints after being beaten ruthlessly by principal at MF Public Higher Secondary School, Hyderpora


Minor girl student faints after being beaten ruthlessly by principal at MF Public Higher Secondary School, Hyderpora


SRINAGAR, JUNE 09: A minor-girl student had to break her fast when she was ruthlessly beaten by her school principal on Thursday morning.

The girl, a class eight student of MF Public Higher Secondary School, Hyderpora, told Kashmir Reader that the principal, Mukhtar Ahmad, hit her without any reason.

“On Thursday morning the principal asked all students of class 8 to come to his office. When we went there he pointed at me. He closed the door and windows of the room. Without giving any reason he slapped me, pounced at me and kicked me. He also hit me with a stick,” the girl said.

“While he was giving me a beating, a teacher rescued me from him and took me another room where I remained unconscious for nearly four hours. I regained consciousness when I drank a glass of water. I had to break my fast,” said the girl whose name can’t be mentioned because she is a minor.

The student said the principal later came up to her and asked to show him notebooks. He also asked her many questions.

“I answered all his questions. When he saw excellent grades on my notes he was surprised,” the girl said.

Ashiq Ahmad Dar, the uncle of the girl student, told Kashmir Reader, the girl has sustained many injuries on her body parts.

“She was brought home by her friends. Her condition was so bad that that it was difficult for her to move. She had bruises all over her body. Her elbow is badly hit. We took her to Bone and Joint hospital. The doctor advised her rest,” Ashiq said.

The family has registered a complaint against the principal with the Humhama police station.

SHO Humhama police station Mir Amjid did not share any details about the case but asked this reporter to speak to the SSP concerned, Fayaz Ahmad Lone, whose phone was switched off.

Director School Education Shah Faesal told Kashmir Reader that he would send his team to the school to inquire about the incident.

“If the allegations were found to be true, I will not only take action against the individual but his institution as well,” Faesal said.

The phone of the principal was switched off. The girl’s uncle said they found the principal’s home locked when they went there.