United Nations: North Korea has warned that a nuclear war may break out at any time as the situation on the Korean peninsula has reached the “touch-and-go point”. According to media reports, North Korea’s deputy UN ambassador Kim In-ryong told the UN general assembly’s disarmament committee that Pyongyang has the right to possess defense nuclear weapons. He said North Korea is the only country in the world that has been subjected to “such an extreme and direct nuclear threat” from the United States since the 1970s. US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Sunday asserted that his diplomatic efforts to relax tensed relations with North Korea will continue “until the first bomb drops”. Tillerson averred that United States President Donald Trump has instructed him to try and reduce stress between the two nations through diplomatic efforts. North Korea had recently called on its citizens to be ready for a nation-wide struggle against “war thirsty” US President Donald Trump and his “gangster-like moves for domination and aggression.” “The US gangster-like moves for domination, subjugation, aggression and war are getting even more reckless and dangerous in the wake of the frenzy of war thirsty (US President Donald) Trump who spat out the remarks of ‘total destruction of North Korea’ without hesitation,” state-run KCNA agency quoted a spokesman for the National Peace Committee of North Korea as saying. The tension between the two nuclear power countries have intensified as North Korea continues to develop and threaten the use of its nuclear weapons. Trump on the other hand has issued sanctions to completely isolate Pyongyang if it continues to test its ballistic missiles.

0

Amazon Studios chief Roy Price has resigned, a company spokeswoman said on Tuesday, following allegations that he harassed a producer and took no action when an actress told him she was sexually assaulted by producer Harvey Weinstein.

Price went on a leave of absence last week and Albert Cheng, the studio`s chief operating officer, remains interim head of the division, the spokeswoman said.

Price did not return requests for comment.

Many women have shared their experiences of mistreatment on social media using the hashtag #MeToo, in the wake of allegations of harassment against Weinstein in reports this month by The New York Times and The New Yorker.

Weinstein has denied having non-consensual sex with anyone.

The Hollywood Reporter last week reported an allegation by Isa Hackett, a producer on one of Amazon.com Inc’s shows, that Price had lewdly propositioned her in 2015.

On Tuesday, a lawyer for Hackett confirmed the allegations.

“I`m pleased Amazon is taking steps to address the issues,” Hackett said in a statement on Tuesday. “An important conversation has begun about the need to create a culture in our industry which values respect and decency and rejects the abuse of power and dehumanizing treatment of others.”

The accusations against Price represented a rare scandal for the online retailer.

“This is a necessary move because of the sexual harassment allegation, but I think it’s a convenient excuse to replace him,” said Michael Pachter, an analyst at Wedbush Securities.

Amazon fared poorly for its original TV shows at last month`s Primetime Emmy Awards. Pachter said the company has appealed to elite, liberal tastes with its original TV lineup but has lacked “content that has mass appeal.”

Amazon did not reply to requests for comment.

Amazon is investing some $4.5 billion this year on video content. The company has said it hopes original shows will encourage people to sign up for its streaming and shopping club Prime.

LEAVE A REPLY